Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Out of town family is gone and now the cleaning begins!

I was terrified of going to weigh in yesterday knowing with the out of towners i wasn't good at all on Friday and Saturday. The rest of the week i ate under my points and walked but on Friday and Saturday I went overboard. I did a family dinner on Saturday with a nice fattening lasagna and a birthday cake and on Saturday we did a buffet. Yes, a buffet, i think i ate 5 deserts! Oy vey! So yesterday I went and weighed in and I lost 4.6 lbs. yay me! So my goal for this week is to stay OP and loss more this week. I need to start walking or something, but i haven't quite decided on what yet. I do the walk with the baby, but there is only so fast i can do that, especially with the current weather. So until then i need to really watch my points and not over eat.

The Boss (that's what my FIL calls Matthew) is doing great and the extended feedings,i am trying to push him to eat every 4-5 hours instead of the 3 hours he was doing. It's going pretty well except at night, when he stills wants to eat every third hour or so. the doctor said he should only be waking up once a night ad should be sleeping through by 4 months. this mothering thing is hard! I want to "establish" good sleeping habits that all the books talk about but at thhe same time, i don't want to leave the Boss to cry at night when he's hungry. Especially since he's still in the Bassinet beside the bed. That's the other thing the doctor said... That he could be in the crib. The crib is in the other room! It's too soon for that, he's way to little (9 weeks) besides, i'm a Jewish mother in training.

OK,i need to vacuum the house while the Boss is asleep, or find another way to procrastinate!

No comments: