Thursday, January 04, 2007


Sometimes I am not the sharpest tool in the shed... So I start afresh at my weight loss journey and this afternoon I was looking at my calendar and there it is, next Friday, big as day.

Vegas, oh Las Vegas, den on overindulgence, home of sin, town of a million (and one) restaurants! What was I thinking, what am I thinking! Oh good gravy what the heck will I do?

So here is the goal, walk as many places as we can, eat light on breakfast & lunch, and try and stop when I'm satisfied. Uh, I am such a whiner. I was looking forward to drinking (a lot) since my DS is home with the Grandparents and I am not yet pregnant, but I will also try and limit the intake of alcohol as well. Besides, since I became a mother my tolerance is for nothin' Two glasses of wine and I'm asleep at the table!

So today me and the treadmill got together and I walked for 1 hour! Woo hoo, now I am technically done for the week, but will I stop? Oh no I won't! I have plans to go to Costco at noon with the DH tomorrow, but my aim is to walk before that and try and do it over the weekend to. I think I also want to pick up that new book, "You on a Diet." I have read good things about it, and wouldn't mind taking a look. It is by that Dr. Oz guy form Oprah, I try and watch her when I can stomach her uppity sanctimonious attitude (OK who am i kidding I watch her all the time but that doesn't mean I can't like her attitude!), and I think he has always been humorous and interesting. I will be sure to let you know.

No comments: