Tuesday, January 02, 2007


OK, yes I'm back again, trying to slay the same demon. I was so on track last year, I thought I had it all together, then my in-laws came to visit. This became an excuse to eat out every night they were here, which lets be honest is a big weakness of mine. Two weeks after they left my cousins came for Thanksgiving and then it just spiraled out of control. The holidays, the baking, the pigging out for no known reason. My DH and I decided to start trying to get pregnant again, and that was it, i used it as an excuse to say, whatever goes! Now it's January and in the last two months I gained 20, yes 20, pounds back. Ugh the humanity!

So what's a girl to do? I'm going to do the only thing that has ever helped me be a successful loser, Weight Watchers. I figure I'll get myself back on track until I get knocked up and then follow a quasi modified version of the plan. Let's be honest, I'm not going to hurt any fetus if I lose some weight in the first trimester, I'm a big girl, i have plenty of stores.

This morning, like a good little WWer, I decided to walk on the treadmill when my DS went down for his nap. First obstacle, none of my sports bras fit. UGH, ok, the last time I walked they were snug, but this time it was insanity! I had to turn into a contortionist to get the damn thing on! It kills me! I hate it when your something like that just throws your weight gain in your face! I have to go buy one that fits, the marks on my rib cage still haven't faded. I did a nice walk, 45 minutes, I'm aiming for 30 minutes 3x/week.

Now here is something else strange I've noticed about myself. I heated up a WW lunch and as I was pulling the plastic film off, i'm scraping off every last ounce of cheese left on it (mac & cheese). This is something I also do with yogurt, or anythng with a lid that may have some small amount left on it. this is how crazy I am! Like that less then half of a half of an ounce is going to kill me if I don't get it. I know this, my mind is telling me thins. But there I am scrapping the cheese off like a crazy food addict. I must learn to control this.

Goals for the year:
1. Stop scraping every last damn morsel into my mouth.
2. Exercise at least 3 times per week.
3. Drink more water.
4. Stop using food as a reward.
5. Be accountable.
6. Remember every day is a new day.

Well these are the crazy things that are on my mind right now, thanks for letting me vent :-)

No comments: